Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Test Items Explanation

Developing an test item for my language arts' blog on Synonyms and Antonyms was a little challenging because of wanting to try to accommodate my learning outcomes.  I made one test item for each outcome using the text examples as a guide as well as the lecture from Professor Orlando.  I wanted to be sure that the students had a basic understanding of what Synonyms and Antonyms are and be able to recognize and list examples.  The most challenging was the multiple choice and matching because I had to make sure that there were no mistakes in the understanding of the test item.  I could see how Professor Orlando and the text  meant on how advantageous and challenging putting a test together.  I wanted to make sure that the test items were at grade level so that the students could see their strengths and weaknesses, and where improvement could be made for the learning process and the instruction on my part giving respect of how my students' learning ability.  I know that I need as much practice compiling test items as much as the students need to instructed and guided in an orderly and specific fashion.  I am motivated by my learning from seeing my students experience the instruction and information provided to them, and how they acknowledge the objectives or outcomes that I want them to grasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment